14 Ways To Maintain Your Drainage System And Keep It Blockage Free
Having A Blocked Drainage System At Unexpected Times Is An Awful Thing To Deal With. They can cause huge problems, which can include leakage of wastewater, nasty smells, flooding, and health hazards. Maintenance can be used to avoid situations such as these.
Drains that are clogged are due to debris accumulation as well as tree root intrusions, grease or small objects getting stuck in the drain. Even clear pipework doesn't write off the chance of clogging in your home's main lines.
There Is No Reason To Ever Allow Your Drains To Become Blocked When A Few Small Practices Can Prevent It
1. Use a plunger to remove minor clogs quickly and easily.
2. Clean out debris in the drain by raising up the stoppers in your bathtub. Make sure to wash the stopper itself before putting it back.
3. If Hair Loss Is Something You Are Going Through, Make Sure That The Plug Has No Mesh When You Wash Your Hair In The Sink Or Tub. The same way you wouldn't put larger pieces of food in the sink, you should keep the same mentality when it comes to hair in the shower.
4. Eliminate hair build - up in the drains by giving your hair a good brushing before you take a shower so that all the loose hair would be removed prior to this.
5. Install grates over your drains to prevent large obstructions. When Getting Your Drains Cleaned, Use A Drain Cleaner That Is Anti - Bacterial And Which Is Not Corrosive.
6. Don't grow trees or large plants near your drainage system, or pipes may become clogged due to root intrusion.
7. Invest in an annual contract with a drainage company so you have someone to call even for basic upkeep. One good company to offer a package such as this in Newcastle upon Tyne is Newcastle Drainage. Educate family members and friends about the maintenance of your home's drains.
8. Avoid using these. Which can be damaging and corrosive.
9. Don't Put Your Waste Or Any Object In Your Drains. Dumping materials into it is a no - no.
10. Avoid letting the following substances go into the drain grease, oil, fat, coffee, meat, rice, gum, hair, condoms, medication, cosmetics and similar items.
11. Ensure that only water flows down your sink drain and nothing but urine, faeces and water through your toilet drain.
12. Form A Hook At The End Of A Wire Hanger Which You Straightened, Slip The Hook Past The Cover Of Your Drain And Use This For Fishing Out Drain Gunk.
13. Pour hot salty water through your sink to prevent grease from amassing in your drain.
14. Along with these tips, are less traditional ones. But, just ensure you avoid acidic Whatever methods you choose, avoid acidic solutions at all costs!
If you try all these tips and still have no luck fixing your drainage system and are without a drainage company contract to back you up, don't force it. Avoid damages and instead, reach out and give a plumber a phone call. If you reside in or near Newcastle upon Tyne, then the technicians at Newcastle Drainage are your best option.